How We Do Business
Scoop Distribution (Pty) Ltd is a Networking and Telecommunication Wholesaler based in South Africa. We were established in 2001 and have branches in Cape Town, Johannesburg and Durban.
Can I buy from Scoop if I am not a Registered Dealer?
Absolutely! Once-off purchases and walk-in customers are welcome. Our retail pricing rate will apply. Please keep in mind that we do not offer technical support in terms of installation as this would place us in direct competition with some of our Dealers.
Who can become a Dealer?
If you are a networking or telecommunication technician, installer, ISP, Networking Retailer/Reseller or Service Provider, we invite you to register with us to qualify for our Dealer pricing.
How do I become a Dealer?
It's super simple. Complete our Dealer Application form and email it to your local Scoop branch. There is no registration fee.
What can I find on Scoop's website?
It's all about customer service and giving you access to the desired information quickly. We have tailored an online experience just for you.
Our website is filled with detailed product information, images, special offers, latest product releases, as well as information about our business and team. Here you have access to application forms, RMA procedures and our Terms & Conditions. It is ideal for researching a product or comparing specifications and viewing complete product ranges – a simple, elegant catalogue of our company and products.
Our Dealers who typically know exactly what they want, can search by product code or category and instantly have access to stock quantity per branch at our best Dealer price excluding VAT - Quick and Easy!
As a wholesaler, our Registered Dealers come first! We do however allow walk-in and/or retail purchase, and for this reason we believe that all our customers have the right to accurate, instant purchase information such as price and stock quantity per branch, in real-time.
With this objective, we display both Dealer and Retail pricing on this website. Our non-Dealers can check-out straight from this website with the retail price including VAT.
How will I know when Scoop has special offers or launches a new product ?
We invite you to subscribe to our mailing list for the "Latest Scoop". Nice, clear, informative weekly communication.
Can I pay by Credit Card?
Absolutely. We have credit card machines at all our branches. We will also accept cash, and every branch is equipped with an EFT pay-point for your convenience.
Can Scoop deliver my order?
As we are a wholesaler, our prices do not include transport. The following options are available:
- Pop into your local branch to collect your order.
- Send your own courier for collection-delivery to your address.
- Instruct Scoop to engage a Third Party Courier on your behalf to deliver small orders to your registered business address; Conditions apply and the transport charge will be added to your invoice. To make use of this service, simply complete our Local Delivery Service Form or speak to your favourite sales consultant for more information.
- International delivery required? No problem! We can recommend an International courier and obtain a quotation on your behalf.
Yes. Scoop is happy to accommodate you with credit terms to better facilitate doing business if you are a Registered Dealer. A trading history of 3 months and some other conditions apply. Read more on our Dealer Application Form.
What if I need to return a product?
- Damaged or Missing Goods: Please let us know within 24 hours of receipt of your order.
- Returns or Exchanges: Must happen within 10 days of purchase - A 15% handling fee will apply
- Faulty Product: The product will be covered under the manufacturer's warrantee. We will test the item before a replacement is issued. Testing takes 72 Hours. More info is available under Warranty Claim.
What if Scoop doesn't have what I need?
Though we do our utmost best to have all your favourite products in stock, we may at times run out due to manufacturing or shipping delays. If we do not have what you need, please speak to your sales consultant to discuss alternative products, placing a back-order or if justified, placing a once-off air-freight order.
What makes Scoop different?
What you see is what you get. We like keeping it simple.
Every customer is ensured that they are getting our best possible price on every item - No tiered pricing structures.
Full disclosure – You can view our entire stock holding online, per branch in real-time.
We are a registered Telecommunications supplier and all our ICASA type approvals are displayed on our website
Our team is our family – We are a small but effective team almost 50 Scoopies across 3 branches.
We love what we do.