UNMS Cloud is now FREE
Yes, you are reading this correctly! Ubiquiti have decided to remove all pricing plans. That means exactly what it says — UNMS Cloud is now completely free of charge! Having a reliable network and business management tool is crucial for any WISP. Unfortunately, some companies offer these types of tools at inflated prices that affect an already tight budget. Ubiquiti's goal is to empower anyone who would like to start a new WISP to help provide internet connectivity where coverage is lacking, and this is their contribution to this effort. If you are thinking about creating a WISP, the UNMS Cloud is the right tool for you. You can create a UNMS Cloud instance for free, and instantly have access to modern network and customer management tools.
Rolling Out to More Countries
The previous cloud version was only available in the USA, Mexico, and Canada. At that time Ubiquiti promised to bring UNMS Cloud to more countries and now they are keeping that promise. UNMS Cloud is now available all over the world except Europe.
Unlimited Number of Devices and Clients for Free
While many other cloud services have a list of limitations and pricing based on device or client count, Ubiquiti decided to take the opposite course of action: UNMS Cloud is free with any number of devices or clients. However, to avoid misuse of this free service, they require users to connect at least one Ubiquiti device within the first day of usage and at least 10 devices during the first month.
Huge added value
In case you are still wondering whether to use the cloud, here is a list of some of the advantages:
- Network and client management in a single app.
- Hardware-free solution, all automatically deployed, monitored, and maintained for you.
- Utilize Google Maps for free within the app.
- Free SSL certificates handled automatically for you (secure connection for users, devices, and payment gateways used by your clients).
- Online 24/7. UNMS network management, CRM, and the Client Zone are available even during power outages in your network.
- You are the owner of your data: migrate your UNMS Cloud data to your local UNMS instance or back up at any moment.
- Automatic UNMS updates.
Are you ready to start using the cloud now? If you already are a UNMS user and you would like to use the cloud, the transition is simple thanks to our easy-to-use Migration tool. Transition worry-free as all your devices reconnect automatically; just make sure to read and follow all of the instructions carefully. If you change your mind later on, you can always return to running the UNMS instance locally. With the migration tool, the way back is just as easy!
Here is a sneak peek at some of the enhancements to UNMS Cloud that are in the works:
- Device discovery within a private network.
- Free SMTP for your outgoing emails.
- Support for large ISPs (currently, UNMS Cloud is optimized for use with a few thousand devices. If you are an ISP with an even larger number of devices, please contact us.)
Stay tuned for more upgrades and news about the cloud service!
Blog post by Ubiquiti