Introducing Reyee: An Overview on the Reyee RG-EW1200F and RG-EW1200G
We are super excited to announce the addition of the Reyee brand to our product range. In our video below, Tim, Scoop’s CTO, talks about why he believes the Reyee brand to be an excellent option for our customers when considering SOHO networking solutions.
Reyee, pronounced 'Ree-Yee', is manufactured by the company Ruijie who have been around for over 20 years. Ruijie predominantly focused on enterprise networking solutions for the Chinese market, manufacturing an extensive range of wired and wireless products including routers, switches and access points.
More recently, Ruijie launched the Reyee brand which is directed at the SMB (Small-Medium Business) and SOHO (Small Office Home Office) markets. The reason we are so excited about this development is that we can now give our customers access to some of Ruijie’s enterprise product features at a fraction of the price under the new Reyee brand banner.
What types of products does Reyee offer?Although Reyee has a comprehensive product range, for the purpose of this article, we will focus our attention on entry-level SOHO routers, like the RG-EW1200F and RG-EW1200G.
The EW1200 Series are entry-level, dual-band wireless routers with 802.11AC or WiFi 5 capabilities, designed for use in small offices or at home. The main difference between the RG-EW1200F and RG-EW1200G is that the RG-EW1200G supports Gigabit connections, as indicated by the 'G' in the product code. It also has two extra antennas to provide better coverage and performance. Both support Multi-User MIMO antenna technology and IPv6.
Reyee RG-EW1200F vs RG-EW1200G Comparison
|Ethernet Ports||3x Fast Ethernet LAN
1x Fast Ethernet WAN
|3x Gigabit LAN
1x Gigabit WAN
|Antenna Gain||4x 5dBi Omni-Antennas||6x 6dBi Omni-Antennas|
|Data Rates||2.4GHz: 300 Mbps||5GHz: 867 Mbps||2.4GHz: 400 Mbps||5GHz: 867 Mbps|
These products provide all the basic features that you would expect from an entry-level router and just like most routers, they can be easily configured in minutes via web interface using the wizard or advanced configuration menus.
- Simply connect your WAN port to your internet source
- Follow the quick Wizard setup available on the Web UI
- Select your internet source
- Specify your WiFi connections settings and..... you are done.
Why choose a Reyee Router?What makes these routers stand out from every other 802.11AC wireless router is their value for money. They fall in the same price category as an entry-level 2.4GHz 802.11n, or WiFi 4 router but with the added benefits of dual-band WiFi 5 technology. These routers offer our customers advanced features which are not typically available at this price point.
Let's expand on this.
1. The Benefit of Push-Button MeshWith the press of a single button, a wireless mesh network can be established. The secondary Reyee router automatically becomes an access point and sets itself up with the same wireless configuration as the main router. This mesh technology can be configured as either an Ethernet node or a WiFi node with seamless roaming. Why is this great for end-users? The user can now simply add on to their network if there are any dead spots without the need for an experienced engineer, or having to upgrade to a more expensive, dedicated mesh system. It is also possible to add mesh nodes via the web UI.
More experienced users are able to fine-tune their wireless networks by adjusting WiFi parameters like TX power and roaming sensitivity via the Web interface, for improved roaming where there is too much signal overlap.
2. Easy Troubleshooting via Networking ToolsThese routers offer a few interesting networking tools within the Web UI. These include Whole network checks, ping, traceroute, DNS lookup and even packet capturing tools. All excellent for network troubleshooting.
3. Free Cloud ManagementThe icing on the cake is that these devices can be managed for free using Ruijie Cloud. It allows users remote management of their devices and sites. This is a completely free-for-life service, hosted on secure AWS (Amazon Web Services). To use this service you simply need to register an account at cloud.ruijienetworks.com and once registered, devices can be managed either via the Ruijie App or web browser.
Using the Ruijie enterprise platform cloud service gives users access to a unique networking task feature set. This cloud platform works as a network controller for all manageable Reyee devices. It allows the integration of different types of devices such as Reyee’s Access Points or smart switches to be configured together, in minutes. The cloud contains interesting features like multi-user management, network topology reporting and roaming testing, to name a few. There really are too many features to mention, and we will publish another article exclusively on Ruijie Cloud. Users not interested in cloud management can also use the Ruijie app with a limited feature set by simply connecting to the WiFi.
In ConclusionReyee is shaking things up by adding so much functionality to their products without additional complexity, while also making all of these features available at such a cost-effective price point, that it makes this brand difficult to ignore. We've been really impressed by the performance and results of our own testing and we are looking forward to your feedback on this brand.
Blog post by Guy Perry