Pushing UFiber GPON to the Next Level
UFiber, a Plug & Play GPON platform, allows building passive optical networks with virtually no previous experience and minimum effort. Countless, successful UFiber deployments have occurred all over the world since its release.
The robust hardware now has an expanded feature set including router mode, PPPoE, faster firmware updates, and more! See more details below.
Featured updates this firmware provides:
- Router Mode – UFiber Nano G now includes a router mode option to keep your customers in a separate network behind NAT. It is possible to configure all router mode settings including the address pool with DHCP directly from the OLT web interface with a few simple clicks. Check out this guide for how to set up your first router profile. Router mode is fully supported with UFiber OLT, for third party OLT support, see this article.
- Link Speed – Now you can switch the speed of the 1Gb LAN port of Nano G to easily cap your customers to 10Mbps or 100Mbps speeds.
- PPPoE Settings – If you are using PPPoE on your network, now you can use Nano G as the PPPoE client directly and provision it with the needed settings from OLT.
- LACP Settings – Aggregate SFP+ ports on your UFiber OLT together to get a throughput of up to 20Gbps.
- Much Faster UFiber Nano G Firmware Updates – UFiber ONU firmware upgrades now occur in parallel from UFiber OLT. UFiber ONU firmware size has decreased by 33%. This allows you to update firmware for all ONUs connected to a single OLT PON port (up to 128 ONUs) in around 5 minutes.
- ONU Locate Function – UFiber GPON networks can have up to 1024 ONUs connected to a single OLT with Nano Gs up to 20 km away. Now with a simple click you may verify the ONU a technician or customer is referring to by making the display blink, eliminating any confusion.
Blog post by Ubiquiti